The Master Tax Guide, New Zealand’s most popular tax handbook, contains practical examples and concise summaries of legislation, cases and IRD rulings and statements affecting the 2014/2015 and future tax years. The commentary is concise and easy to read.Recent legislative changes covered include:
- Changes to the tax treatment of employer-provided accommodation, allowances and other reimbursement payments paid by employers to employees
- New rules for New Zealand residents with interests in foreign superannuation schemes
- The tax treatment of lease payments
- Changes to the deductibility of certain black hole expenditure
- Clarification of the tax rules for deregistered charities
- Clarification of the date of acquisition of land
- Replacement of the tax rules for mining of specified minerals
- Changes to student loan repayment obligations and the parental tax credit United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
- Extension of the thin capitalisation rules
The new edition also covers:
- Changes to financial reporting requirements for small and medium sized companies
- Revised rules for small value loans for transfer pricing purposes
- The updated national standard costs and national average market values for specified livestock
- All public rulings, interpretation statements and standard practice statements released by the Commissioner in 2014
- New developments in case law from reported 2014 judgements.
As well as the comprehensive guidebook, you also receive:
A free copy of New Zealand Depreciation Rates
A free eBook version of the New Zealand Master Tax Guide.
Featured in the Dec 2014 / Jan 2015 LAW newsletter.